Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dear God be good to me, the sea is so wide and my boat is so small.

My next race is in 5 weeks. This week has basically been a week off for me which gave me some time to reflect on what needs to change for me during a race. I thought about what I did to prepare. I was consistent with my training, and was physically ready  for the challenges I thought it would bring. But spiritually I was unprepared. I wasn't ready to turn to God during my difficulty on the swim.  I could have prayed for strength, for peace, for courage.  I wasn't alone out there, it wasn't just up to me to get myself to the shore.  I could have relied on God to guide and comfort me.  But sometime's I'm stubborn, and refuse to let go of what I think I can control.  But out there in the open water, I couldn't control the wind, the waves, the other swimmers, or the velcro on my Garmin strap.  I should have realized that this was God telling me again that I didn't need to be in control.  There are going to many times where things are beyond my control, and I'll have to turn it over to God.   I'm going to remember that the next time I'm flailing around in the open water feeling lost.  And I'm going to say a prayer that I've said many times before.
Dear God, be good to me, the sea is so wide and my boat is so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment